Estate Planning & Administration
The Estate Planning & Administration Group specializes in preparing estate plans for individuals and families, and advising trustees and personal representatives on probate and trust administration issues.
Clients often ask questions such as:
- How can I maintain control of my financial and health care decisions?
- How can I provide for management of my affairs if I become incapacitated?
- How can I provide financial security for my spouse and family?
- How can I protect my child's inheritance from immaturity, divorce, and creditors?
- How can I avoid a court probate?
- How can I reduce death taxes?
- How can I balance the interests of my spouse and children now that I have remarried?
- How can I transition my business to the next generation, or to other third parties?
- How do I include gifts for children, grandchildren, or families?
- How can I minimize the impact of state and federal death taxes?
The goal of the Estate Planning & Administration group is to listen to you first, then work with you to design an estate plan that will accomplish your objectives.
The Estate Planning & Administration group regularly advises individuals, trust companies, and attorneys in the administration of trust and probate estates. Their expertise includes:
- Probate of wills and intestate estates;
- Trust administration;
- Preparation of Oregon and Federal estate tax returns;
- Modification and termination of irrevocable trusts;
- Probate litigation.