The Business & Taxation Group works with businesses and business owners within the Northwest’s most prominent industries, including agriculture, wood products, manufacturing, real estate development, software, and health care.
The Business & Taxation Group collaborates with lawyers from other firm practice groups to deliver fully integrated business solutions.
The Business & Taxation Group’s regular services include:
- Entity selection and formation
- Mergers and acquisitions, including sales or acquisitions of distressed businesses
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Restructuring and reorganization of corporate and partnership enterprises
- Contract negotiation and drafting
- Succession planning and business transition
- Corporate governance
- Debt financing
- Formation and governance of non-profit organizations
- Intellectual property and licensing
- Sale of more than thirty nursing care facilities in eight different states to a large publicly held company for $30 million plus.
- Sale of multi-state contracting company to a large publicly held company for $20 million plus.
- A two-step sale of a real estate intensive business by selling the land and improvements to a large REIT for $20 million plus and the subsequent sale of the operating business to key employees.
- Many sales of professional practices, including medical and dental practices.