David M. Briggs’ practice is focused on employment law and litigation. He regularly counsels employers in the following areas:
David advises management with regard to difficult employee relations issues and assists employers with employment law compliance and the development of personnel manuals, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, and best practices. David stays abreast of current trends in the law, including social media use in the workplace, privacy laws, and changes to the various leave laws.
David helps employers defend themselves against employee claims of discrimination, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and wage and hour violations.
David represents businesses and individuals in complex business and contract disputes.
- Employment Law
- Health Care
University of Oregon School of Law
B.A., Political Science & American History, 2001
- Marion County Bar Association, President (2014)
- SHRM Oregon State Counsel, Oregon State Legislative Affairs Director
- Salem Chapter of SHRM, Legislative Affairs Director
- Willamette Valley Inns of Court, Member
- SEDCOR, Board of Directors, Member
- A.C. Gilbert’s Discovery Village — past President of the Board of Directors
OFF THE JOB
David’s parents met at Oregon State and are still aghast that David grew up to be a die hard Duck fan. David lives in Silverton and spends his free time with his wife, Melissa, and two children, Henry and Juliet. David is pleased to note that even at an early age Henry looks forward to becoming a Duck linebacker.